The Madison Marching Band, Steel Band and Choir will be traveling to Orlando from April 11-16, 2018 to visit and perform at Disney World and Universal Studios. Here is a brief outline of our tentative itinerary:
- Wednesday April 11: Board charter buses at school to travel overnight to Orlando.
- Thursday April 12: Walt Disney World, Rainforest Cafe, Disney’s Animal Kingdom; check into Galleria Palms Hotel; Steel Band performance at Ron Jon Surf Shop.
- Friday April 13: Disney’s Magic Kingdom: march down Main Street*, spend the day at the park.
- Saturday April 14: Disney’s Hollywood Studios; Epcot.
- Sunday April 15: Disney Springs; Choir performance at The Landings*; Universal Studios Islands of Adventure; the Wizarding World of Harry Potter; dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe; and a performance by Blue Man Group.
- Monday April 16: After an overnight trip on the buses, return to Madison at approximately 6:30 pm.
*The actual date, time and location of performances will be determined by Walt Disney World Performing Arts at a later date.
Travel Arrangements and Payments
We are once again traveling with Music Travel Consultants, which specializes in trips for music organizations. Our trip number is 1804-8-84, which you’ll need when you set up your account on the Music Travel website.
Detailed information about the itinerary, estimated costs and setting up an online account to make payments can be found in the slide show presented at our introductory meeting in April. Click here to view the Music Travel slideshow. All payments must be made directly through the Music Travel website. Cancellations must also be made directly with Music Travel. Your payments to Music Travel do not include travel/cancellation insurance; it is recommended that you purchase such insurance on your own.
- 4/28/17: $50 non-refundable deposit
- 5/26/17: $100 installment
- 6/30/17: $100 installment
- 7/28/17: $100 installment
- 8/25/17: $100 installment
- 9/29/17: $100 installment
- 10/27/17: $100 installment
- 11/24/17: $100 installment
- 12/29/17: $100 installment
- 1/26/18: $100 installment
- 2/10/18: Last day to cancel and receive a refund of payments (except for $50 non-refundable deposit)
- 2/23/18: $100 installment
- 3/7/18: Money in your student’s fundraising account will be transferred to Music Travel and applied to the trip.
- 3/21/18: Balance due; you will receive an email invoice 20-25 days prior to departure informing you of your balance.
- Financial questions: Ashley Harting – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tour questions: Mark Ferrell – email@example.com
- Website: musictravel.com
- Address: 5348 W. Vermont St., Suite 200, Indianapolis, IN 46224
- Phone: 800-616-1112
- Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm EST