On Saturday Oct. 14, the Madison Mohawk Marching Band competed in the 2017 Kettering Classic, an OMEA event. As one of three bands competing in Class C, the Mohawk band achieved:
- Best Percussion in their class
- Best Auxiliary in their class
- Fan Favorite, class B and C
- Second Place, class C
In addition, the Mohawk Band was invited to participate in the OMEA State Finals. There are several possible dates for the finals, but we have requested to participate on Sunday November 5 at UD’s Welcome Stadium. We will update this when we have confirmation from the OMEA for our date, location and time.
There are two other upcoming competitions for the Mohawk band:
- The 40th Annual FHIMA Band Expo – Saturday Oct. 21 at Turpin High School (formerly held at Anderson High School). Madison will perform at 4:00. More information for spectators is available at http://www.fhima.net/band-expo.html.
- The MSBA Championships – Saturday Nov. 4. The Mid-States Band Association (MSBA) is a different competition circuit from OMEA. Details for this competition will be updated when they become available.
Thanks to all the parents, families and community members who have supported the Madison Band on their way to this significant achievement!